Open to the Public
The 2016/2017 season Mountain Explorer Schedule will be on-line shortly!
We’re hoping we will have some very good news to share with riders this season.
See below for last season’s schedule and rider information
Download printable PDF version
NOTE: For on-mountain locations not served by the Mountain Explorer, call 207-824-3000 for the Sunday River Trolley.
For 24/7 service by reservation, contact Stagecoach Shuttle Services at 207-357-5783.
SLOPESIDE EXPRESS & BETHEL TO SUNDAY RIVER
SUNDAY RIVER TO BETHEL
PUBLIC EXPRESS SERVICE…between the Gould Academy Field House and Barker Lodge operates Monday through Friday, November 30 through December 18, resuming January 4 through February 26. The Mountain Explorer begins full-service December 26.
REGULAR DAILY SERVICE…begins December 26 and will be provided until Sunday, March 20. ADDITIONAL SATURDAY & SUNDAY SERVICE…will be provided March 26 & 27 and April 2 & 3. Service concludes after Parrothead Weekend.
HOLIDAY DAY SERVICE…will be provided Christmas holiday week – December 26 through January 3 / Martin Luther King Jr. Day – January 18 / Presidents’ Day holiday week – February 15 through 21. LATE NIGHT SERVICE…will be available New Year’s Eve.
ADDITIONAL FLAG STOPS…not listed on the maps, may be added at the discretion of the Mountain Explorer based on safety and rider requirements. This schedule is subject to change without notice.
Service Notes & Rules
Service is subject to change without notice.
- All times are for departures unless otherwise noted.
- All times are cell phone-based.
- Please be at your stop 5 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Please allow riders to get off the bus before you get aboard.
- As you board, please tell the driver where you will disembark.
- Please be courteous with bulky equipment.
- Packages are limited to those a rider can carry aboard in one trip.
- All equipment/bags must be secured safely at each rider’s seat.
- No smoking, vaping or open alcoholic beverages allowed.
- No eating or drinking from uncovered containers.
- No abusive or obscene language, lewd gestures or behavior.
- No weapons or dangerous goods.
- Seatbelt use is required by law. Extenders are available.
- Electronics must not bother other riders.
- Please be ready for your stop.
About the Mountain Explorer
The Mountain Explorer was founded in 2000 and is open to the public to provide safe, free, more environmentally-friendly transportation for residents and winter visitors, and a reliable designated driver option. The Mountain Explorer is operated by Western Maine Transportation Services and supported by the towns of Bethel and Newry, the Federal Transit Administration, Maine Department of Transportation, Sunday River, Gould Academy, The Bethel Inn Resort, local businesses, associations and other sponsors listed on this schedule.
Help Keep the Free Mountain Explorer Buses Rolling!
You can help keep the free Mountain Explorer buses rolling! Please donate today. All donations are tax-deductible. Thank you!